Sunday, June 30, 2013

Art Abandonment

For years now I have been making wire wrap jewelry. Just as long, I often give pieces away to random strangers or leave rings and bracelets ive made in truck stop bathrooms, rest areas and even along with my tip at restraunts. Its a way of practicing random acts of kindness. Ive gotten comments from other artists who think im nuts for doing it and others who say its awesome.
One time I remember we were headed thru ohio on the turnpike. It was 3am and I was inside playing with a ring and leaching McDonald's wifi. I took an entire bag of more than 3 dozen  bracelets and went inthe womens restroom and placed one on the roll holder of each clean stall.
Another time it was new years day and I left my first 2 pieces of the year in the drivers lounge of a truckstop in Arkansas where we were waiting on layover for our delivery appt the next day.
Well seems I'm not the only one who does this. Came across a group on Facebook. Called art abandonment.  Cant wait to start posting more pics and stories of my creations travels lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment